Fort Lauderdale Collaborative Divorce Lawyer: Handling a Broad Range of Family Law Issues
For many families, creating changes or solutions for disputes often requires legal action. When it does, turning to an experienced attorney is critical. Families in the Fort Lauderdale area can turn to our law firm — Andrew D. Washor, P.A. — to work with family law attorney Andrew Washor. For more than 34 years, Mr. Washor has been helping clients achieve the best possible results in legal matters. He focuses much of his practice on helping families by handling all areas of marital and family law.
When a family law matter affects your family, our law firm can help. We represent individuals, couples and families in Florida in a range of family law matters, including the ones listed below:
- Divorce: We handle all aspects of divorce, including determination of child custody and visitation, child support, spousal support (often called alimony) and division of marital property and debts. We can also handle legal name changes and other related matters.
- Child custody and visitation: We can help parents establish child custody in a divorce or outside of a marriage. We also manage modification and enforcement of child custody issues — especially when a parent wishes to move out of Florida.
- Child support: We can help parents calculate child support payments according to Florida's child support guidelines. Attorney Andrew Washor also helps with modification and enforcement of support.
- Spousal support (alimony): In some cases, a spouse may be able to receive spousal support after a divorce. We can help manage legal issues related to support.
- Asset division: We have the resources and experience necessary for equitable division of marital assets in a Florida divorce.
- Prenups and postnups: We negotiate, draft and enforce prenuptial agreements written prior to marriage as well as postnuptial agreements, which are often drafted after marriage circumstances change.
- Paternity: We represent both mothers and fathers in paternity actions. When a child is born to unmarried parents, having the biological father declared the father by law has other legal implications, like court ordered child support, child custody or visitation. If fathers dispute paternity, it may be necessary to conduct a simple DNA test.
- Post-divorce modifications of court orders: When matters change after a divorce, the court must often approve a change. We assist with modification of existing child support, child custody and visitation orders.
- Restraining orders: When allegations of domestic violence are made, or when a person's actions cross a line, we can help with restraining orders.
- Step-parent adoptions: We also handle step-parent adoptions, which are usually done in conjunction with termination of a biological father's parental rights. This is often a desired outcome when a biological father is no longer active in his child's life, while a step-father fulfills more of a parental role.
Over 34 Years Experience Family Mediator Certified by the Supreme Court of Florida
Nancy and Andrew Washor are certified family mediators by the Supreme Court of Florida. Together the husband and wife team runs Compassionate Mediation, Inc., helping clients resolve family law disputes using alternative dispute resolution techniques.
Whether you choose to resolve family law matters through mediation, collaborative law or by going to court, we work closely with you to make sure you understand the process, making the best possible decisions about your options at each step of the way. To get started, schedule a free and confidential consultation with Fort Lauderdale lawyer Andrew D. Washor to discuss the legal issues that affect you and your family. Call our law firm toll free at 877-709-9701 or at 954-769-0685. You may also simply complete our online contact form.