For many families, achieving changes or resolving disputes may require legal action. When it does, turning to an experienced attorney is critical. Families in the Fort Lauderdale area can turn to our law firm — Andrew D. Washor, P.A. — to work with experienced family law attorneys. We are dedicated to helping clients achieve the best possible results in legal matters. They focus much of their practice on helping families by handling all areas of marital and family law.
When a family law matter affects your family, our law firm can help. We represent individuals, couples and families in Florida in a range of family law matters, including the ones listed below:
- Divorce: We handle all aspects of divorce, including determination of child custody and visitation, child support, spousal support (often called alimony) and division of marital property and debts. We can also handle legal name changes and other related matters.
- Child custody and visitation: We can help parents establish child custody in a divorce or outside of a marriage. We also manage modification and enforcement of child custody issues - especially when a parent wishes to relocate outside of Florida.
- Child support: We can help parents calculate child support payments according to Florida's child support guidelines. Andrew D. Washor P.A. also helps with modification and enforcement of support.
- Spousal support (alimony): In many cases, a spouse may be able to receive spousal support during and after a divorce. We can help manage legal issues related to support.
- Asset division: We have the resources and experience necessary for equitable division of marital assets in a Florida divorce.
- Prenups and postnups: We negotiate, draft and enforce prenuptial agreements written prior to marriage as well as postnuptial agreements, which are often drafted after marriage circumstances change.
- Paternity: We represent both mothers and fathers in paternity actions. When a child is born to unmarried parents, having the biological father declared the father by law has other legal implications, like court ordered child support, child custody or visitation. If fathers dispute paternity, it may be necessary to conduct a simple DNA test.
- Post-divorce modifications of court orders: When matters change after a divorce, the court must often approve a change. We assist with modification of existing child support, child custody and visitation orders.
- Restraining orders: When allegations of domestic violence are made, or when a person's actions cross a line, we can help with restraining orders.
- Stepparent adoptions: We also handle stepparent and relative adoptions, which are usually done in conjunction with termination of a biological father's parental rights. This is often a desired outcome when a biological father is no longer active in his child's life, while a stepfather fulfills more of a parental role.
- Child protection : We represent grandparents and other family members seeking intervention for a child who is being abused or neglected. We also represent parents who are under investigation for child abuse or seeking to get their children back from protective custody.
Decades Of Practice In Family Law
Attorneys Andrew Washor and Paul Perrin have more than 60 years of combined experience in Florida family law. Their knowledge of the legal issues and familiarity with the local courts provides the perspective to guide you to good decisions and the strategies to achieve your goals — in negotiations or in the courtroom.
Experienced Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator
Andrew Washor is a Supreme Court of Florida certified family mediator. Our mediation practice helps pro se parties who do not have attorneys representing them.
Contact Us For A Free, Confidential Consultation
Whether you choose to resolve family law matters through mediation, collaborative law or by going to court, we work closely with you to make sure you understand the process, making the best possible decisions about your options at each step of the way. To get started, schedule a free and confidential consultation with our lawyers to discuss the legal issues that affect you and your family. Call our law firm toll free at 877-709-9701 or at 954-769-0685. You may also simply complete our online contact form.
Located in Fort Lauderdale, our law firm serves clients in Coral Springs, Boca Raton, North Miami, Delray Beach and all surrounding communities of South Florida.