Helping Your Loved One

If a family member or other loved one is struggling with substance abuse and will not seek out the help he or she needs, it puts you in an extraordinarily difficult position. Most likely, you do not want to force that person to do something unwillingly, but at the same time, you know that person needs help and something has to be done.

In Florida, the Marchman Act can provide a solution through temporary involuntary commitment for evaluation. It is intended to assist those concerned individuals who need to get help for loved ones who cannot or will not seek it on their own. It is also intended to protect the rights of the people who are being committed.

Our firm assists people who want to help a loved one. We can help you understand this complex legal process and help you with the aftermath of an involuntary commitment proceeding. Our office serves clients both in the state of Florida and outside of the state, but who have a loved one who lives in Florida.

Experience Counts When Involuntary Commitment Is At Issue

It is important to work with an experienced lawyer who can help you understand the legal landscape and help you through the process. Attorney Andrew D. Washor has more than 35 years of legal experience in Florida. As a dedicated lawyer, attorney Washor has seen all types of alcohol and drug abuse cases.

A Marchman Act petition can be brought by a wide variety of people, including:

  • Spouses
  • Parents or guardians
  • Three adults together who are not related to the person being committed but have knowledge of the person's substance abuse problems
  • Police
  • Private practitioners
  • Others

Our team can help you through the legal landscape of Marchman Act cases as well as through the personal aspects of putting your family's life back together.

Compassionate Legal Assistance To You And Your Loved One

Schedule a no-fee initial consultation with our office to learn more about how we can help you and your loved one. Call 954-769-0685 (877-709-9701 toll free) or contact our firm online.